Financial Partner: European Union
Total cost: 287,606,800 CFA francs or 438,722 Euros
Duration: 2 years
Countries: Benin, Burkina-Faso, Cameroun, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo
Objectives: -Building the capacity of women’s organisations in the sub-region to undertake programmes aimed at raising the legal consciousness of women;
– Building the capacity of national networks to work jointly, share information and take advantage of network operations with a view to constituting themselves into pressure and advocacy groups capable of obtaining reforms likely to enhance the status of women;
- Awakening the legal consciousness of women in every respect (social, economic and cultural) with a view to an effective application of the texts.
- Establishing women into pressure and advocacy groups sufficiently strong to ensure the adoption of laws improving their situation.
- The capacity of the national networks to identify the priorities of women of their countries, design adequate programmes, source financing and finally implement programmes.
- The existence of a group of 180 trainers capable of imparting to other members the knowledge and skills acquired.
- Campaigns against violence perpetrated against women.
- Final Report
- Internal assessment
- External assessment